Strings (new thread)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:42:08 -0600 (CST)

Some times you feel like a knot, some times you don't.

Yep, I splice any time I can get away with it. The spliced old string sounds
more like it belongs there, and stays in tune better than any replacement
would.

A while back, at a Guild meeting, Alan Crane showed us a trick that should
have been obvious all along (my favorite kind). When you pull that spliced
string up to pitch, massage (his nomenclature) the knot gently with your
pliers a bit to settle it in. Helps a bunch.

No heat here, Ron

>I would nuch rather splice than replace, even treble strings.
>
>	Newton
>	nhunt@jagat.com
>
>I am ready with radation and environment suit, gloves, boots and
>offensive hardware.

 Ron Nossaman