Henry F. Miller Grand

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:44:00 -0600 (CST)

List,

   I've been asked my opinion about the advisability of rebuilding a
Henry F. Miller 6' grand for app. $5,000.00 as compared to buying
something like a new Kohler & Campbell 6' for about $8,000.
   The piano was built in the 30's, has a cracked pin block and is
located in Wisconsin right now but will be coming here if they decide
to rebuild it.
   I've had almost no experience with the Henry F. Miller except some
horrible spinets, so could someone give me a general idea of their
quality back then? I've not been very impressed with the K & C's I've
seen so my inclination, assuming quality rebuilding work, is to rebuild.
Opinions?

Avery

   P.S. There's something wrong on my end and I can't download my e-mail
right now, so it may be tomorrow before I get it straightened out.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893