tight pinning

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 01:10:52 +0100

Hello

So many messages in my mailbox

I have a Bösendorfer "Imperial" I will regulate and reconditonate the
action in 15 days.

This grand piano is in a very moisty place , something like 65%
permanent moist, and the pinning is very tight.

I suppose I will go for ā complete re-pinning job, but they need the
piano for a show and I may do a partial job for the dec 15th, then do
the repinning, bushing, and so on , in january.

I never had much succes with the water-alcohol mixture, and anyway the
pinning seems really too tight 1 to 2 movements but no blocking hammer ,
basically all works, exept for real repetition speed.

Consider the piano will stay in this moisty place - is it correct to re
pin, or is there a better solution ? (the soundboard seems ok, too much
crown but it sounds 15 " of nice ringing on note #65)

I will appreciate an idea, something to help me for the regulation at
first. In my place there is 50% moist env.
If I dry the flanges, the pinning will free, but I will be papering a
lot, and it surely will not stay squared and free when it will be back.

Is it a job for Damp-ChaserMan ?...

Best regards to all

Isaac OLEG
Paris - France