Is this honest...

kitster@Polarnet.com kitster@Polarnet.com
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 00:19:12 -0900

Even here we have university piano sales.  The last dealer to do so
resorted to all kinds of interesting methods to move the Kawais, even
bringing in pros from L.A. to "perform" the sale.  As I recall, their first
step was to glue fancy looking labels on the plates of the pianos reading
"Institutional Upgrade."

As it happened, toward the end of the sale when they realized how much
money shipping all these Kawais back to the "lower 48" was going to cost,
the prices got very good, and I ended up telling several of my customers
who needed to upgrade that this would be a good opportunity... but to
ignore the stick on labels.  This kind of thing is ridiculous.

Kit Cleworth
Fairbanks