Duo pianists choose mismatched pianos

Travis L Gordy tgordy@horizon.hit.net
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:40:57 -0600

Duo pianists "Markham and Broadway", will be performing in my city this
Sunday, as one of our Community Concerts series.  The newspaper article
states "The two match a Steinway concert grand with a modern Yamaha and
get a thumbs up from all sections from classical to modern music
lovers". How about that? Any comments? Should be interesting.
Unfortunately, I will be out of town and miss the opportunity to tune
those pianos together, which I assume should present no problem as long
as they are both at A440 or whatever pitch is asked for. Would love to
tune them then hear them.  This will be the first Comunity Concert I
will not have tuned for since 1961. Think they plan to ask the local
instrument tooner (I dont know what instrument). :-( ... :-).  Surely
some of you have tuned for this duo and can tell us about the sound.
 Travis Gordy  RPT