addendum

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 09:12:59 -0500

As an addendum to my post of 3 minutes ago, my point was that often it is
not ONE bass damper that by itself is the offender. Many times slight
'leakage' from a group of dampers add up to cause the after ring. Placing
your entire palm over a group of dampers while striking an upper note will
verify this phenomenon, while selecting one damper at a time will not
accomplish the same thing. Often only a complete set of bass dampers will
solve the problem. Has any one else out there experienced what I described?

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida