after-ring

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:49:00 -0800 (PST)

At 02:00 PM 11/7/97 -0600, Leslie wrote:

>I sort of tuned a Kimball console this morning that had a slight
>"after-ring" when playing A-440.  All dampers "seemed" to be mating the
>strings correctly. When I pushed the A-440 damper tightly against the
>three strings, it did NOT diminish the after ring. I went up-n-down the
>strings, placing hand on them, hoping to find the offending note, but
>didn't.
>
>What next?

---------------------------
Hi, Les

If you've held your hand over all the strings in turn, and you still get the
after-ring, have you tried the back lengths, especially in the bass? Is the
stringing braid okay?

Good luck,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Enormous amounts of information are available, including, however, very
little reliable data on what it all means."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant