WAS...Re: Unger Heat Gun

Gregory Torres tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 10:59:55 -0600

Dear List:

I found a heat gun made by Milwaukee that has the same size nozzle as the
Ungar "Princess" in the supply houses.
Called the "Precision Hot Tool", Model 1400
Watts: 360
Amps: 3
120 VAC.
It is about 10 " long,  pen shaped approx 1 3/4"  to  2 " in diameter.
Nozzle temp reaches 650 F.  It has a little stand for laying it down while
using-great for extracting broken shanks from verticals, etc.  It has a
"shield" attachment (called Heat Shrink Adapter, sold separately) which is
almost identical to the "Heat Shield"
Shrink Tubing adapter from Milwaukee is $4.95 plus about $4.00
shipping...one could be made easily from some sheet metal....
I have used mine mainly for bending/burning-in shanks also and it works as
well as the Ungar.
I paid  $25.00  new at a craft booth at our local county fair, so I'm
assuming it probably could be had from the Home Depot or the like for maybe
even less...

Just thought someone might be interested....

Regards,
Greg Torres
Tunapiana@adisfwb.com