Marks inside Pianos

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 02:33:13 -0500 (EST)

> My two cents...... I remember years ago someone telling me ( I think it was
>  Fred Drache) that a good workman never leaves his mark on his work.....
>  that the work will speak for itself.
>
>  Paul E. Dempsey

While rebuilding a Steinway from the 1920's, we came upon Fred Drasche's
name, inscribed on the end key at the factory. We found it quite a treat.
Just ran across Theodore Steinway's signature on a Model K key the other day,
from the year he started work at the factory.

By the way, I prefer to quote at the top of a message, but ONLY THE SALIENT
PART, just as a reminder of the original message. If what I'm quoting is more
than a few sentences, I haven't edited enough.
Bob Davis