Celeste la vie

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:56:47 -0500 (EST)

Gina writes;
>Duhhhh...fear????????

>To be honest, I've never tried. But with your excellent encouragement and
>information, I'm going to give it a try this summer. I may be calling for
>help!

Ok,  My experience has been with the Mustel, Janco, and an unknown brand, (
which actually had a nice organic feel to it, it was musically "responsive").

     There is little room to move with most of these things,  if there is too
much dip for the amount of stroke, you will have the hammer rebounding into
the bar,  if there is too little, you have a hard time using differing
amounts of power to get differernt levels out of the boxes. ( I assume there
are resonators of some sort on the one you are looking at).
     I have found the best response by trying a variety of keydip/ hammer
stroke combinations, ( hah, just like on a grand, no?).  They all are
different, so trust your musical instincts.  11/32 " is  a good starting
point for the keydip.

Good luck,
Ed Foote
( who has always had at least a slight interest in bars, harmonious or not!)