Update on Discounts

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:12:10 -0600

List,

   It's a little slow today (end of spring break for me) so  I thought I'd
post a compilation of the CAUT discount question I asked.
   The NO's have it by 8 - 3! Interesting. A few good comments, though.
Thanks for responding. I didn't include the names of any who posted
privately.

Avery

P.S. Just for the record, I do for students (only in the music dept.) but
haven't been for faculty (except for one who has three grands, usually
tuned on the same call. Besides, most of them make a good bit more money
than I do. :-)

*************************

>I don't. Just the usual (for me) 10% discount on the
>second , third, etc. piano they might have.

>No.
>Gina Carter

>How effectively can I say NO.
>Joel A. Jones

>I never discount tuning for either faculty or students. I will however,
>tend to give faculty a pretty darn good deal when it comes to
>extensive action work or rebuilding.
>Dennis Johnson

>No.
>Tom Seay

>Yes, I do. I discount 20% to both music faculty and students.  I receive
>a lot of referral work from our faculty, so it seems appropriate to offer
>them a discount in appreciation.  My discounts to students is more like
>charity than anything else.  It's tough for students to afford piano
>maintenance, I try to help them out as much as I can.
>Scott E. Thile, RPT

>I'm with Scott. I love my college situation, and there is a real community
>feeling here. I don't give discounts to students and faculty I don't know.
>I do $55 tunings for the faculty and students I work with and know well,
>mostly in the music school.
>Mark Graham

>Yes, 10% rounded to the nearest convenient whole dollar.
>David M. Porritt, RPT

(I never even received this post. Got it off of David Porritt's.)
> > I do not give discounts, period.
> > James Grebe from St. Louis

>No as well.
>Paul E. Dempsey

>Only on reffered sales. Service is non-negotiable, and for some
>institutional work, should be higher!
>Guy Nichols,RPT

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music