Celeste Regulation

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:39:49 -0600

Fellow Piano Techies!

A client of mine in the Dallas, Texas area needs their Schiedmayer
celeste regulated.  It seems very difficult to find someone with proven
expertise in this.  They say the tuning is not objectionable, only the
feel of the action.  They are looking for an experienced technician to
go over the regulation.

Details:
Schiedmayer & Söhne Celeste, Serial #127024, built in 1990 in Germany
5 octave range, c - c5
case size 132 x 124 x 72 cm

This is an important performance organization, so the work has to be at
the highest standards - this is not a chance to get in there and learn.

Is there anyone out there, anyplace, that knows how to do this?
Also, does anyone know for sure if the Schiedmayer Company is still
operating in the Stuttgart area or anywhere else?  I had heard that it
went out of business recently, but have not been able to confirm it.

Thanks for your help on this.  Please email me privately (click on the
mailto: line, below) with your phone number and location so the
organization can contact you.

Joel Rappaport
Round Rock, Texas
mailto:joelr@flash.net