SPINET OUT OF CONTROL (2)

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:28:59 -0800

james allen bickerton wrote:

> LES,
>   Right again you are!!  The Wurlitzer Spinet didn't have "action bolts"
> but instead had relatively light weight wood screws.  The middle screw
> was so bent, it couldn't be screwed back in.
>   You've obviously been in my position before.  Anyhow, thanks for your
> advice.  After that job, I felt like a real dope.  But your words of
> wisdom assisted me in overcoming my ruffled tail feathers, and gave me
> insight as to how to avoid future "no-win" situations.  THANKS AGAIN.
>                                             JIM
>                                             bickerton@abraxis.com

Jim,

If you remove the keys around the bottoms of the action brackets, you
can use a small crescent wrench to turn the action supports down into
the keybed a full turn which will take the pressure off the screws so
you can get them in and out!

If you do break one of the screws, you can get a replacement from
Wurlitzer at a price.  Order a dozen while you're at it and charge your
customer for them.  The next eleven screws you put in, will be gravy. To
put the new screw in the back use a long aircraft bit to drill just
below the stub of the broken screw.  Use a drill stop with a front rail
punching so you won't mar the plate.  When you're finished tighten up
the action supports again.

Good luck

Warren
--