Everstaff MiniPiano?

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:58:32 +0000

 Hi Robert,

You'll enjoy this one....:-) <g> you'll have to kneel down to tune it,
as the wrest pins. (tuning pins),  are under the key bed.  The keys go
over the top of the frame (plate) and the hammer strike towards you.
You can't wedge it, because the strings are on the other side of the
sound board and there is a cover over them.  If you move the piano away
to take the cover off to wedge it,  when you move the piano back up to
the wall it will swing back out of tune.  They are by-cords and mono-
chords.  You put your leaver on upside down, guess the amount of pitch
you want to move, de tune the unison to that amount and retune lower
unison string in, do it again until you get it right.  It would be
interesting to know how an ETA would handle that one.  Most tuners in
the U.K. run a mile.  I've got two on my round and I charge them double
for tuning.  They are bloody awful  Pretty _boxes_ with strings in will
look nice in a musuem in a 100 years.

I actually tuned a Baldwin today not impressed with the leathers  they
were that hard it made  the action  incredibly noisy and a big heap of
check felt on the keys wich had beeen worn off,  all they all like this?

Barrie.

In article <970325085542_1151431367@emout12.mail.aol.com>,
RVCARR@aol.com writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |