Question

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:33:39 -0500

>>I think you need to get the set of various sized center pins available
 So you have to remove the plate,
>file away some of the wood and then just reinsert the plate and the flange.

Before filing down wood and maybe get it uneven I would try some brown paper
tape and shim the grove.  This will allow the pin to hold the butt firmly
without changing the butt location.  Use only the type of tape that has
water soluable glue, not the peel and stick type.  Another possibility is to
lay some thin string in the slot.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com