getting better?

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:37:35 -0500 (EST)

<< unlike the grands which I
 find overly brilliant and tasteless, these verticals have a much more deep,
 dark, pleasant sound to them.  These are not brand new, they usually take a
 while to filter down to us independent tuners, and am wondering if any of
 you are noticing the same thing.
 Regards,
 James Grebe from St. Louis
 pianoman@inlink.com >>

I have noticed the same shallow, bright sound on many new grands. I am
wondering if this is due to the rim of the case being some sort of composite
material laminated with that black shiny stuff. Could it be that the old
hardwood rims tied it all together in some way? Cause the new stuff is
souless to me on the whole. This includes much of the higher grade new stuff
with the one piece aliqouts. Anyone?  Regards, Sam Grossner- Chicago.