OUCH! -Reply

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:38:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997 14:52:29 -0500 (EST) BobDavis88@aol.com writes:
>> The ones I ordered are called "Rock Stars II",  and come from
>Pacific
>>  Coast Labs
>>  PO Box 7981, San Fransisco,  94120,    Phone800-351-2770.  I
>suspect
>>  you'd have to ask them to recommend a local audiologist.
>>
>Les,
>Thanks for the info. The ones I got (from Westone or Etymotics or
>whatever)
>claim to have a flat frequency response, just at 15 db less sound
>pressure
>level. Do the Rock Stars make a similar claim?
>
>Bob
>I'll run through the 680ohm filter, through the different cycles for
you, not attempting to do the whole chart. The company has a brochure
which I am sure they'd send you if you called the 800-number.

@125 hz	3.3db
 250hz	4.3db
 500hz	7.0db
 1000hz	14.7db
 2000hz	28.0db
 3150hz	24.3db
 4000hz	25.0db
 6300hz	31.0db
 8000hz	24.3db
A quote from their propaganda: "Custom plugs have an expected life span
of three years. Used just 10 times a year their cost per use is less than
the foam plugs bought in pharmacies and music stores."

Well, that makes no sense, but if one used them every day, then the
overall cost would be significantly lower than foam plugs.

I'm not really smart about this stuff.  I will talk to the audiologist
when I pick them up next week.  If you have specific questions, I'll be
glad to ask her.

Leslie

lesbart@juno.com