Cynicism

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 07:15:59 -0800

> From: David Porritt <dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Cynicism
> Date: Friday, March 21, 1997 4:12 AM

> I think mild cynicism can be healthy.  It keeps you from being
> disappointed constantly.  Our discussions about dealers and piano
> factories certainly reveal some profound cynicism.  However, cynicism
> well watered and fertilized can grow into paranoia.
>
> dave

> David M. Porritt, RPT
> Meadows School of the Arts
> Southern Methodist University
> Dallas, Texas

Also, I would think that our cynicism is the result of our experiences.
For most of us, cynical expectations don't just arise from nowhere.  I'm
sure we all know of companies that we dread having to deal with, as well as
those which are ethical and honest.

I am not a grouch.  Just havn't had me coffee yet.

Myler, Tom

"Perhaps the greatest wisdom is the knowledge
of one's own ignorance"

                                 John Steinbeck