Steinway flat board

swinfo@g2g.com swinfo@g2g.com
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:31:27 -0500

Dear Les

I was able to locate actual purchase orders from individual sales dating back to
1921. These had the same 5 year warranty as a Steinway today. Henry Steinway
also told me today that there was always a 5 year warranty.If you disagree, call
him.
The only difference from the warranty wording is that in the 20's there was an
added sentance which stated that " the presence of rust on the metal parts of
this pianoforte is absolute proof that the instrument has been affected by
dampness and in such a case we will not be responsible for damage to the
interior or exterior of the piano resulting therefrom." That sentance has been
since removed.

Mike Mohr
Steinway factory, NYC