Steinway M problem

Edwin A. Hilbert hilbert@panther.middlebury.edu
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:20:22 -0500 (EST)

Dear John,
	I would be surprised if the local Steinway dealer would want to
pay for the proper repairs on this piano, especially if he did not sell it
in the first place.  Why not try talking to those who might be of help to
you? Try calling Steinway directly and ask for Michael Mohr.  You can call
him at 1 800 FON-1853.  He has always been very helpful to me.
	Not to be critical of you John, but rather as a comment to all
since this type of situation comes up too often, but why don't technicians
try calling the factory people for advice before assuming that they will
do nothing?  Perhaps they won't, but at least we should give them a chance
to tell their side of the story, or to give the factory recommended
approach to our problems before we decide that they won't.  Besides, too
often we end up with numerous different answers - often conflicting ones -
when a call to the factory rep would set us straight.  Perhaps then we
should write and share the factory offered information with the rest.
	Again, John, this was not meant to be critical of you.  I just
grow tired of seeing companies getting negative reports when they haven't
even been given the chance to respond.  This happens all too often on this
list, which is a shame because it is also filled with some of the greatest
shared information that we could ever hope to find.
Yours truly,
Ed Hilbert RPT
Vermont