Pianotech Live Chat

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:31:24 -0700

Hello Everyone:

This your weekly reminder of our regular Tuesday night chat on Starlink.org.
There is generally someone in the channel from 7 PM to 1 AM (or so) Eastern
time in the #pianotech IRC channel. Those users on AOL who would like to
join us should try setting your software to Port 7777 to see if it works, or
contact AOL help to find the available IRC  port if it doesn't work.

Tonight's topics will include tuning levers and piano hammers and as usual,
general chit-chat. Tips for using computers to get the most out of your
business and your leisure time will be discussed as well.

For those with WWW access, complete information about the IRC channel can be
found on the excellent "Official #Pianotech WWW Page" at:

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

The page has links to where you can download IRC clients for Windows and the
Mac if you do not currently have a program that allows you to connect to us
on IRC. Also the addresses of IRC "servers" that carry #pianotech are
listed. Regular participants can have their information on the page too just
so people know who you are. If that isn't enough, for those whose browsers
support MIDI you can also hear a nifty version of Mozart's Sonata in C (K.
545) while you're reading the page... B-})

Many thanks to Kathleen Vanderhoofven for developing and hosting the page.

If anyone has any questions, just EMail me unless you feel the group might
be interested. Live chat is a great way to exchange ideas or just spend some
time in friendly conversation with like-minded people.

We're hoping to see some of you Tuesday evenings (or ANY night!)  in
#pianotech on our Starlink IRC connection!

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com