bass bridge question

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:23:11 -0500 (EST)

I definately would let the tension down over the whole piano
before removing the bass strings on a piano that old.  Although
I haven't seen Bl=FCthners with cracked plates only two Becksteins,
I'd still be leary.
Look for something on the sound board or loose ribs or loose board at the=
 rim.
Screws, sound board buttons, string terminations, hinges, venetian blinds,
base board heat, chandeliers all can appear to eminate from the piano.

A wedge in the crack (as Ed suggested) is a good start.=20

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
=09