bass bridge question

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:23:20 -0500 (EST)

Well, Steve, I have to admit that on occasion I've removed all the
bass stings at one time from a piano without lowering the pitch
first and never run into a problem other than the tuning getting
thrown badly out of whack. HOWEVER, I've never done it on a piano
that was 112 years old! Also I'd hate see a subsequent post of yours,
inquiring of the whereabouts of another 1885 Bluthner plate! Sorry
I can't be more helpful

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net