Ethical quandary

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:06:17 +0000

> Date:          Mon, 17 Mar 1997 07:32:25 -0500 (EST)
> From:          pianobiz@juno.com (Dave Sanderson)
> Subject:       Re: Ethical quandary
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

David,

I have about the same philosophy in my work.  I don't work for
dealers, such as in store tunings etc., so I suppose it might be
a little easier for me.  Typically, someone will want me to
check out a piano they are looking at.  It could be in a home or
in a store.  I am working for that person only.  I let them know
my fees in advance and explain that we will talk about the piano
after my inspection either by phone or outside the house/store.
I try not to give my opinions on site.  Many times the piano's
owner wants me to tell them what I am finding.  Working out
referrals directly to a store in advance is a good idea.  I
would certainly want the "free tuning" and that customer for my
own not the store tuner.

David ilvedson, RPT