Salespeople vs. Technicians

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:45:20 -0500 (EST)

Les and list,

I have many stories myself of salespeople doing things that are less than
honest.  I remember in my early years of selling I repeated things that were
told me as to be fact, just to find out that they were not.   Did that make
me bad?  Does that make all salespeople bad...no.   My strong point isn't
that we all don't have stories of dishonest salespeople.  It is that we as
techs should be careful not to brand the proffession as "shady" when, for the
overwhelming majority of sales staff around these United States do care and
want to be honest.  I would rather look to the good in people.

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning and Repair