Salesman's quandary

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:33:03 -0500 (EST)

Good one Les,
How 'bout these quick-comeback answers to customer's questions:
Holes in the plate of a grand piano -'tone excapement holes'.
Holes in sound board for strut supports - 'when the sounding
board expands with humidity, it needs someplace to go'.

These guys talk on the fly.  What they don't know, they'll make up.
This is a universal salesman trait. I've caught paint salesman making
up stuff!  One salesman I knew said, "If they believe me, it's their fault".

I know, I know not all salesmen (persons) are slime.

But this Belarus thread shows that some will sell anything too.

Please don't take offense to this light-hearted look into the
'other side' of the piano biz.  No offense intended, just pointing
out observations,  you could probably work it into a stand-up
comedy routine.

I'm sure to remember more later,
Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)