Pedal Harp

robert moffatt piano service moffattr@cadvision.com
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:26:24 -0700

List,

Has anyone had any experince with a pedal harp? For those of you who may
not know what this beast is I will explain, and at the same time try to
be brief, as I know this is not really piano related.
A client of mine has a 7' Sabithil & Son two manual, four rank
harpsichord. Under this instrument sits a three rank harp, basically a
mirror of the instrument above. At the key board end, under your feet,
is a full organ pedal assembly activating the three ranks of strings in
the pedal harp ( 10.5' in length by 58" in width). My client would like
to know what the pedal harp is worth. We have tryed to locate the maker
on Vanvouver Island B.C. with no sucess. It is approx. 30 years old and
in excellent condition, as is the harpsichord itself.

If anyone has any information regarding this rather unusual request,
your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thankyou,

Bob