Childrens' books and Virus Warning

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 09:25:32 -0800

Don,

Who at IBM forwarded this warning?  Viruses can only operate from
executable programs, i.e. .exe,.bat,or .com!  Email is just text!
Warnings such as this one, are hoaxes that are propagated by the same
people who do viruses and for the same reason.  To have us all running
around chasing our tails!

Unfortunately, your proposal about the childrens books is also now
suspect.  Which is unfortunate if it is true, because now I will have to
contact them for verifaction before proceeding further. I suggest that
other Pianotech members hold off on this until further notice.

Don, a good rule of thumb is to forward only material that is from some
sort of official source and a responsible person.

With deep regrets,

Warren Fisher

--
Warren D. Fisher