Cleaning Gone Bad

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 21:03:52 -0600

At 08:51 PM 3/14/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>which
>>>

>>Replace the whole set.
>>
>>        Newton
>>        nhunt@jagat.com
>
>Ditto from me as well.  Time to replace.
(snip)  That is to loosen the string a bit and really
>whale on the loose string by playing the note vigorously.  It seems to
>knock out the dirt and as the string is pulled back into place keep
>whaling.  There is some improvement in tone without too much labor.
Dave,
 We've got a lot of rocket scientists out hear, and one of them actually
used (you tax dollars at work) a mega-buck ultra-sonic royal mongollian
vibrating dohickus on his doity bass wires before he let us replace them.
They got clean, alright, but by the time you take 'em off, etc. Your tip
sounds feasable.
guy
* Nichols Baldwin Music Company *
*    311 South Compress Road    *