Cleaning Gone Bad

Stephen F Schell stfrsc@juno.com
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:15:24 -0800 (PST)

Dear John and List,

                                                                       I once tried, as a wacky experiment, to clean some old bass strings which
were about to be replaced anyway. I took off several and dipped them in
Tarn-x brand metal cleaner. You know, the stuff they used to show
dissolving corrosion like magic on copper pennies on those TV
commercials.

                       The experiment was only successful in that it removed all traces of tone from those strings. They stiffened up like dead
gopher snakes.

          My best guess is that this Kawai is due for a new set of bass strings.

                                            Steve Schell

                                        stfrsc@juno.com