Can't tune a thing

arnold1@mindspring.com arnold1@mindspring.com
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:29:15 -0500 (EST)

On 1997-03-13pianotech said to arnold1@mindspring.com
   >Did you check the plate screws?.  I had a kimball grand that was
   >doing this and found two plate bolts stripped out.
   >Warren
   >--
   >Warren D. Fisher
   >fish@communique.net
   >Registered Piano Technician
   >Piano Technicians Guild
   >New Orleans Chapter 701

This brings up a question I have been thinking of asking for a while.  I
have always had this "fear" of stripping out some plate screw or pin block
screw when I wanted "to check" them to see if they are tight, or, worse yet,
wringing one of them off.
  I know not to
just tighten them with all my might, but what should I do if one of them
does strip?  How should I fix it?  That is a "whole bunch of tention" to put
onto those other screws when the one I am tightening strips.  And if one
strips, might the others be suspect, too?
Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com

`[1;35;47mNet-Tamer V 1.05.1 - Test Drive