Temp. tunoff time???RE: De Gustibus (* tuning)?

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 12:29:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi Paul:

I don't think I understood your last phrase in the snip below:

>        So we could have temperament comparison tune-off events.
I'd almost be more interested to see whether audiences would prefer
rivals of et to et ; or 'mild' w.t.'s (victorian w.t.'s ) to et.
"You can't step in the same river twice" and all that, but maybe
we could have a small handfull of new somethings (Kawais?) and
we could eliminate many variables, change only the temperament, and
not the tuning, if you understand....

What do you mean by the difference between temperament and tuning?
I guess I really don't understand.

Jim Coleman, Sr.