Sealed pianos

Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:15:53 -0800

Jeff,

Not at all, the first school district had a bunch of those, as well
as the Gulbransen disasters mentioned by someone else.

I just prefer to think of them as things best left on the set of the next
"Poltergeist" sequel.

baDUM.

Horace

At 01:12 AM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>     Am surprised that none of you folks seem to have encountered the
>Wurlitzer model with the 4 long screws running UP from below the keybed,
>locking the music desk & lid down (single piece like the Baldwin Hamilton
>school-model, but no handy-dandy elbow-cracking lid prop). A very secure
>method of preventing 'experiments' in action regulation by the students...but
>mystifying until you find 'em yourself!
>
>     Perhaps the screws have been "accidently" lost over the years...hmmm?
>
>Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
>Oregon Coast Piano Services
>TunerJeff @ aol.com
>
>ps- Had occasion to look up the serial number for a "Kincaid" in the Piano
>Atlas last week. Followed the trail through the book from Kincaid to "Grand
>Piano Co.". It's interesting that the company "declined to furnish serial
>numbers", isn't it?? What? They didn't want to admit that they'd built the
>dern things!?

Horace Greeley

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu