THE POWER OF THE LIST.

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 23:59:47 -0500 (EST)

<< It might be that the techs who use this list will want to consider a
 response to this situation.  If so, it would be helpful if you were to
 share the names and possibly even the posts that you refer to.

 I, for one, would look most unfavorably upon any such intimidation and
 attempt to suppress free expression by the technicians on this list.

 Are there others here who feel the same? >>

Charles and the group,

I am with you 100% in feeling that this is a technical forum that is quite
frankly uninterested in intimidation or heavy-handedness on the part of any
manufacturer, group or individual.  We're all on here (hopefully) with the
intent to learn about, share information on and generally advance this craft
that we have all undertaken.  While we will naturally have disagreements, it
is beyond me why we can't discuss them to a mutually advantageous agreement -
even if it is agreeing to disagree.  This technician has no intention
whatsoever of posting, or refraining from posting, an opinion or experience
based on the fear of flaming.  It's happened to me before and I expect it to
again but I figure that either I communicate and learn from or teach to the
other(s) involved.  Hey, if somebody thinks I'm wrong about something, tell
me so that we can discuss it and figure out what truths we each have
discovered from our individual perspectives.

Therefore, let's stick with it and revel in the growth, painful though it may
be.  As is often said in business, "If two people agree on everything, then
one of them is redundant!"

Vive la difference!!

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT