THE POWER OF THE LIST.

Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:34:18 -0700

Barrie,

Bravo!

As I recently posted (privately, of course) to one of our colleagues, I
have finally achieved a situation in which I am no longer in the position
of putting my trust in princes.  Not everyone is so fortunate.

So long as we exist in a society which values money above all else...

One major problem, of course, is the basic hypocrisy involved in hiding
behind  the relative anonymity the Internet provides.

That's one of the reasons I respect those like Don Mannino, who aren't
afraid of
being recognized.

Thanks, Barrie - and don't _you_ dare sign off, or there'll be no more
chocolate Olivers in your Christmas stocking for a good long time to come.

Best to all.

Horace

>Over the last two years as a guest on  this list, it has provided me
>with some very useful information.  I have enjoyed contributions from
>the mighty and the humble, I was at first impressed by the presence of
>manufacturers either by stealth, or up front.
>
>Also, I have seen some excellent technicians leave this list,   through
>private pressure email. These technicians have one thing in common, they
>were highly intelligent and very articulate.  Highly intelligent and
>articulate individuals rise above childish hate mail.  However,
>Corporate hate mail is a different matter.
>

>The power of this list is ennormous, not just as a teaching aid but as a
>forum to change the direction of the piano trade.  Unfortuneatly, the
>manufacturers and suppliers whether  here by stealth or upfront also
>realised the power this list.   _They do not like it._ Recently, myself
>and others who have posted suggestions and posible future problems,
>regarding pianos in general.  Have felt the wrath of  said
>manufacturers,  be they in stealth or upfront they  have emailed
>individuals  with warnings and threats.
>
>Eventually if this continues,  the list will become at best, stagnated
>and the members will  closed ranks.  At worst it will die.  Which will
>be a great shame as in the  two years  I have seen the list change from
>a vibrant exciting forum,  to what it is becomeing.....
>

>--
>
>Barrie Heaton

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,