THE POWER OF THE LIST.

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 23:33:15 +0000

Over the last two years as a guest on  this list, it has provided me
with some very useful information.  I have enjoyed contributions from
the mighty and the humble, I was at first impressed by the presence of
manufacturers either by stealth, or up front.

Also, I have seen some excellent technicians leave this list,   through
private pressure email. These technicians have one thing in common, they
were highly intelligent and very articulate.  Highly intelligent and
articulate individuals rise above childish hate mail.  However,
Corporate hate mail is a different matter.

The power of this list is ennormous, not just as a teaching aid but as a
forum to change the direction of the piano trade.  Unfortuneatly, the
manufacturers and suppliers whether  here by stealth or upfront also
realised the power this list.   _They do not like it._ Recently, myself
and others who have posted suggestions and posible future problems,
regarding pianos in general.  Have felt the wrath of  said
manufacturers,  be they in stealth or upfront they  have emailed
individuals  with warnings and threats.

Eventually if this continues,  the list will become at best, stagnated
and the members will  closed ranks.  At worst it will die.  Which will
be a great shame as in the  two years  I have seen the list change from
a vibrant exciting forum,  to what it is becomeing.....

--

Barrie Heaton