Repetition problem

Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:25:00 -0800

Jon,

Yes, and by this tale hang many, many others.

If, somehow, some critical part of a person's anatomy grew more
painful as the condition of their piano got worse, I suspect we'd
all have a good deal more business.

Not much way to compete with Hard Drive envy.

Best.

Horace

At 07:12 AM 3/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> But, every good regulation has to begin somewhere,
>>and it might as well be checking out the bedding.
>>Horace
>
>It's always best to lay a good foundation. From there, everything
>is more stable.
>As with the estimate I gave for a loud, cumbersome grand action
>the other day. Aside from getting the hammers aligned and filed
>the root of the problem was heavy hammers.  Having explained
>this to the woman, she then got her husband to approve the
>expenditure. But he was reluctant and just wanted to soften
>the hammers and do a light regulation to improve let-off, etc.
>I said that could be done, but . . .explaining how things were
>interconnected, he said he'd think about it.
>Of course he doesn't play. His wife was a little disappointed
>as he just purchased his toy (computer upgrade).
>I had a similar thing happen where the wife's piano needed (still needs)
>a lot of work but the husband (non-player) is unwilling to invest.
>Her comment was: "Now, if it were the boat. . ."
>
>Now that is a problem which is repeating.
>
>Jon Page
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

Horace Greeley

Stanford University