Time to dream

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 22:20:17 -0600

>Dear Friends,
>
>Suppose that the head of the music department where you are a part-time
>technician has found some extra money (approximately $1500.00) in the
>budget.  The money will be gone if it is not used, and the head of the
>music department wants to spend it on the pianos at the college.  Now is
>your chance to spend the money, perhaps to buy parts, or perhaps to do
>extra regulation work or repairs on neglected pianos.  Now is your chance
>to dream of what to do with this "windfall".
>
>What would you do with an extra $1500.00?
>
>Sincerely,
>David

David,

     I guess this means that they decided against putting this money into
the 100 year-old D that you were asking about before, or is this a
different $1500?  @8^)>

     Since they have the D that is not serviceable and since they are
unwilling or unable to properly restore it, why not suggest that they get
rid of the D so that it can be put into the hands of someone who could
treat it properly?  Wouldn't a D plus $1500 cash get them a reasonable
new piano (a vertical, one assumes)?  Perhaps they are unaware of how
much a rebuildable D is worth.

     I know you are looking for ways of putting some, most, all of that
$1500 into your own pocket, but there need to be good pianos to service
before there can be good, valuable piano service for you to offer to this
college.

     See you soon,

Kent Swafford