Sealed pianos

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:16:40 -0500 (EST)

<< I appreciate this forum for being one of
 those resources.   >>
      Dear Mr. Moody: I am trying to remember the name of one drop action
spinet I reconditioned once. It had iron drop lifters screwed to the back of
the keys that dropped down below the whippen and picked it up there. Of
course, there were no capstans or equivalent anywhere. Was it a Werner?
Cannot remember. Here in Chicago we have a few good quality beautiful
uprights that no-one will pay to restore.
Since they are stored in a warehouse by my movers and I cannot continue to
pay the storage, they will have to be scrapped. The most beautiful I will
hold out as long as I can. Isn't that a shame? In 10 years or so, people will
covet these upright "grands" again, with their long string length and tone
and they will be gone. It is unfortunate. Anyway, your discourse touched a
chord in me and I had to respond. Regards, Sam Grossner Chicago.