Mailing addresses

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 12:38:04 -0700

Please forgive this blatent advertisement, but I think it's relevant and
important.

Leonard W. Childs wrote:

>> Until I can get connected back to Netscape, my new address will be:
>> lenny19@juno.com.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Lenny's address change spurred me to write this.

In the good-old USA Internet Email, and thus access the pianotech and PTG-L
mailing lists is FREE.  Anyone with a computer, a modem and a telephone line
can get a free email address anywhere in the USA or Puerto Rico.

Even if you know nothing about the internet or how to use a modem, if you
can put a disk in a Windows (or Mac I think) machine and manage to run a
setup program off it you can access the internet's powerful EMail
capabilities without charge.

If you know another piano technician or another person in the USA who can
benefit from FREE Email access (including access to the piano-oriented
mailing lists), point your WWW browser to:

http://www.juno.com

and download the software. As at any time when you give a disk to someone or
get one, regardless of what is on it, a reliable virus scanner should be run
on the disk first for your own safety. The Juno software from this page is
safe, so you don't have to worry about it.

Juno believes that access to EMail should be free. Although there is a
certain amount of targeted electronic advertising that comes with your
account, it's not intrusive enough to matter and may actually be
informative. The software logs you on to a local server with a local phone
call, downloads your mail, uploads replies and logs you off. Reading and
replying to mail is very simple.

Unfortunately, free EMail hasn't come to Canada or the rest of the world
yet. Stay tuned for that.

PLEASE pass this message and the disks along to others. All new PCs come
with modems (well, almost all) and new 14.4 modems can be found for less
than $50 sometimes. Even if people are "afraid" of something like the
internet, free EMail may be just the thing to get them started.

Thank you for your time. And now, back to our action-packed lists...

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com