Voicing with tuning lever

arnold1@mindspring.com arnold1@mindspring.com
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 21:22:46 -0500

On 1997-03-09pianotech said to arnold1@mindspring.com
   >Pianos sound better in well temperaments than they do in equal
   >temperament.
   >One can dismiss this as a question of 'personal taste', but it
   >isn't, really.

So, how do I tune a well temperament?  Tell me how to do it aurally, being
that I can't use a SAT.  But if this temperament is used, aren't there some
musical keys that sound really bad?  I thought that was the reason equal
temperament evolved, to make all keys sound at least reasonable without
having to retune the instrument.
Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com

`[1;34;46mNet-Tamer V 1.05.1 - Test Drive