Time to dream

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 16:16:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi, David.

This might not be quite the answer you expected, but you might want
to give it some thought. Although I haven't done any CAUT work in a
number of years, I once did quite a lot of it. Sometimes it pays to
remember how the GAME is played. I'd make sure that the first thing
I did with this windfall the head of the music department has made
available to you, is to use part of it to do some extra work on HIS
PIANO. Then every time he plays it, he'll be reminded of you. The next
time he finds some extra money in the budget, who do you think he'll
go to first? Then I'd use the remainder on your best-quality, most
frequently used instruments. Places where the extra work will be im-
mediately recognized and appreciated and where YOU'LL get the credit.
Don't bother putting the money to use trying to upgrade or improve
practice room junkers  that have the stuffings beat out of them every
day. No one will appreciate you efforts. Put the money to use in a way
that will improve your best-quality, most visible and most frequently
used instruments. Play the game the way it has to be played if you are
to survive and prosper.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net