Voicing with Power Tools!

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 00:15:54 -0500 (EST)

On 3/5/97, "Donald E. Mannino" <DonMannino@worldnet.att.net> rote:
<<Personally I prefer the pneumatic jackhammer approach. You can buy used
ones at the equipment rental outfits at great prices.>>

Sounds like a Serious Case for Steve Brady, Don. He could use an article
on industrial voicing and regulation.

Actually, I'd been fantasizing for some time about pneumatic voicing. Who
remembers innoculations at an Army Induction Center wil the high
pressure, pinhole-aperture gun. The line of hundreds of freshly shorn
recruits moves up to the medical orderly with what looks like spray gun
minus cup. He press the  tip to your arm, clicks the trigger, and the
serums pierces your skin at high velocity. (And if  he thought you were
muttering something abut his mother, he twitched his wrist at the same
instant so that the spray would shear you skin intead of pierce it.)

Wouldn't it be fun to have that gun, with no payload necessary, to shoot
needle-thin jets of air into your favorite "love-to-hate" hammers.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

"OK if we play video games while you work, as long as we keep the volume
down?"    .......late 20th century occupational hazard