Sealed pianos

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 20:57:32 -0600

Some tuners have filed flat spots on  the edges of the flange of the
hex recessed bolts that hold down some Everett upright  lids.  I
found out why when I had to tune one and I didn't have the allen
wrench in my kit, and there was not one in the piano bench.  Slip
joint pliers can grasp these filed edges and turn it out easy as pie.
 Works really good when there is chewing gum or wall plaster in the
hex hole, which is not uncommon in institutional settings.  (_)

Richard Moody