Sealed pianos

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 16:54:37 -0600

Ted,

   I have that problem with the techs at the local S & S dealer. Every
time I need to get into one of his C & A pianos, because of the "Gorilla"
who tightened down the cheek block screws I have to have a "Godzilla"
screwdriver to get the screws out. Can be embarrassing sometimes. I went
through 3 screwdrivers once in a competition situation (each one bigger
& longer) before I finally got the screws out to fix a note that wasn't
working correctly. Frustrating.
   I told him once I was going to start charging extra any time that
happened. :-)

Avery

> Fortunately the screws came out easily, but, you're right,
>sometimes they are screwed in by a gorilla.
>
>Ted Simmons

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston