Another Voicing Tool !

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:44:32 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-03-06 19:05:53 EST, Jeff Franson writes:

<< I have used steam generated from a garmet steamer to soften hammers the
 heat helps expand the wool fibers plus it does not take long to treat. I
 would like to know if anyone else has had experence, good and the bad.

There are a couple of different ways to go about this.

My favorite is the method outlined by Steve Brady in the PTJ just this last
year. It uses a *hot pot* tea kettle. It is very good for those hard hammers
that we all encounter, and after you get used to how much to do on each
hammer, is very uniform.

The other way that I know someone else does is to take a damp cloth and lay
on the hammers and then run over them with an iron. To me it would seem less
controlable that the teapot method.

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA