Chickering Stringscale

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:44:10 -0500 (EST)

Les, Horace, et al -

<<
 Oh.  I almost forgot.  You are not quite the last one doing this by hand.

Yes, there are several of us *closet* hand-tiers out there. As a matter of
fact, I just finished doing one string of every tri-chord on an old Estey
upright. (Interesting piano - full upright with very short speaking length on
strings, and loooooong tails!)  I, too, like the results of hand tying over
using the machine. Seems to me like there is much less chance of slippage in
the loop with tension being added.

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA