Voicing with Power Tools!

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:43:25 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-03-06 00:05:15 EST, kam544@ionet.net (Keith A.
McGavern) writes:

<< >...I don't think the regular dremel will work. It's the little
 >battery operated one that they are talking about.

 I'm glad you mentioned that.  I still had in my mind the regular Dremel
 tool with a chord.

Keith, Warren, et al,

Either the corded Dremel tool WITH VARIABLE SPEED, or the battery operated
model of tool will do. The battery operated tool runs at a slower speed so
that the needle doesn't turn blue and leave little black *pock marks* on the
hammer felt. You can also get the long extension flexible cable shaft for
your regular Moto Tool which is sometimes easier to control (not so heavy)
This is the same set-up that the Foredom tool has, which is also useable.

Where this tool is very good to use is with exceptionally hard hammers that
are too hard to get a needle into. With this method, the needle will go in!!
There are many different methods of using it, depending on your experience. I
know of people going through the sides; needling like normal; cross-stiching
through the strike area; going parrallel to the molding. Whatever seems to
work for each persons taste.

And what Ken says about deep needling your thumb of fingers (or other bocy
parts) is true. (Ask me how I know this!)

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA

(Hi, Ken!)