Sealed pianos

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:31:24 -0500

At 07:36 97-03-07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,

>My questions are these: Is this common to all Everett studio pianos? Are
>there other piano brands that have uncommon fastenings and therefore
>require uncommon tools for opening?
>
>Wally Scherer
>Norfolk, VA

Hi Wally & List,

I've seen Baldwins 243 that had hex screws hoding the top and fallboard.
They didn't have hinges and the hole thing would slide front. I think these
were specefically made for schools. I saw about 15 of these about 4 years
ago at the Orford Arts Center. I have no clue if they still make them that
way. Since these were new, the hex drivers were attached to the back so I
didn't have to pry them open (:-).

Hope this helps,

Marcel Carey, RPT