Sealed pianos

wtscherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 07:36:33 -0500

Hi everybody,

I was just called on to tune an Everett studio yesterday. When I started to
open the piano, it wouldn't. After a couple of minutes of tugging, prying,
and shining my flashlight, I finally noticed that the top was fastened on
by two brackets with hex-hole screws. (The back was covered with a cloth.)
Unfortunately I didn't bring my Allen wrenches. Fortunately the owner found
some. Once the screws were removed, the top could be slid back and removed,
then the front panel/music rack unscrewed and removed.

My questions are these: Is this common to all Everett studio pianos? Are
there other piano brands that have uncommon fastenings and therefore
require uncommon tools for opening?

Wally Scherer
Norfolk, VA